Top Moments / Bat House / Quesadilla
The Club wraps up the season with a look back at some of their favorite Outsider moments. Some are fun, some are firsts, and some are just plain crazy! Then, Brandon conquers the Quesadilla, and a new ingredient, in a grand Fuel Lab experiment. And he strikes up a brilliant plan to rid the club of mosquitoes by building… a bat house!
– ½ cup of sour cream or plain yogurt
– ½ teaspoon chili powder
– ¼ teaspoon cumin
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
– 4 whole-wheat tortillas
– 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
– 1 avocado, chopped into bite-sized pieces
– 1 bell pepper, diced
– ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
– 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
– ½ cup salsa
– Combine the first four ingredients together in a small bowl to make the cream sauce; set aside.
– Place ¼ cup of the shredded cheese on half of one whole-wheat tortilla.
– Top that half with ¼ cup of the diced chicken, ¼ of the chopped avocado pieces, ¼ of the diced bell pepper and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro.
– Fold the top half of the quesadilla over the bottom half with all of the ingredients.
– In a sauté pan on medium-high, heat a teaspoon of oil. Once hot, carefully add the quesadilla to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the bottom is golden.
– Flip the quesadilla once remembering to flip away from you. Cook until the bottom is golden.
– Remove it from the pan, slice in half and serve each half with a dollop of the cream sauce and salsa.
– Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
– This recipe serves 8 (½ quesadilla each).
– Pre-cut fence boards to desired length (takes about 3 boards total)
– Attach back and sides first with screws (be careful not to split the wood)
– Use spacers between each board and attach them to back. (space is about 1” -3/4”)
– Attach the front boards with screws (be careful not to split the wood)
– Use the dog eared boards for the top. Attach with screws. (Allow for over hang)
– Attach mounting bracket to back
– Attach to post or pole
– Be patient! It will take some time before bats discover it.
Copyright © 2019 The Outsiders Club